"Being a Mayor in 2011" was first aired on Sunday October 23rd 2011. Our Guest was Mike Lester, Mayor, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- A Broken Arrow native and now the Mayor, the most important things in his mind about Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- Form of government Broken Arrow has – strong Mayor – weak Mayor and Council
- Major problems a Mayor of a medium-sized City in Oklahoma finds it is facing today
- Services Broken Arrow has had to curtail as a result of revenue declines. (How it was done – if none, how it would be done if necessary)
- What the citizens of Broken Arrow are most concerned about in the operation of their City and how he addresses those concerns
- Importance of interaction with adjacent cities such as Tulsa, Jenks, etc.
- Services being offered by Broken Arrow itself that could be combined with other similar cities for some kind of economy of scale
- What he would like to tell our viewers about Broken Arrow as a last word
Mayor Lester, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers