"What's Going on in Higher Education" was first aired on Sunday May 1st 2011. Our Guest was Glen Johnson, Chancellor, Oklahoma State System of Higher Education.
Our topics included:
- What is going on in his office.
- How the downturn in the economy is affecting funding available for higher education.
- Is this decreasing the opportunities available to Oklahoma students?
- New initiatives his office is working on with the Regents to improve the higher education experience.
- Enrollment in the institutions of higher education in Oklahoma today – is it trending upward or downward.
- Difficulty of our higher education institutions in recruiting outstanding professors.
- What higher education can do to keep our brightest and best here in Oklahoma – slow down the "brain drain".
- How he and the Regents have found the atmosphere at the Legislature this session.
- Working with "new" leadership in both the House and the Senate.
- Final thoughts he has about the work of the Regents and state of higher education in Oklahoma in general.
Glen Johnson, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers