"Meet the New State Treasurer" was first aired on Sunday April 3rd 2011. Our Guest was Ken Miller, Treasurer, State of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- Discuss the statewide campaign
- The switch from coming from a non-political background running for a statewide office; from the classroom to the Town Hall Meeting.
- His first few weeks in office.
- Budget situation this year that he has inherited.
- How precise can the estimates be of revenue.
- Effect of high gasoline prices in Oklahoma on the state revenue or state expenses.
- Transition from the prior State Treasurer, Scott Meacham, to his leadership.
- Advisory committee he recently formed.
- As he progresses in learning the duties of the State Treasurer, does he anticipate any major changes in the way his office functions.
- Looking at upcoming revenue, are we getting close to being out of the woods.
Ken Miller, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers