"Fighting Terrorism - Part II" was first aired on Sunday February 17th 2002. Our Guest was Kenneth J. Levit, President, University of Oklahoma - Tulsa and Dr. Leslie Beitsch, Commissioner, Department of Health.
Our topics included:
- Bio-Terrorism - What is included in the term?
- Are we aware of any other Bio-Terrorism attacks since September 11 other than the Anthrax attack?
- Is there now an Anthrax vaccine?
- Many Armed Service Members did not want the Anthrax vaccine for fear of the side effects. Please elaborate.
- If we had a massive Anthrax attack in Oklahoma, would there be enough vaccines for everyone?
- Mr. Levit, with your background in CIA work and Terrorism, can you tell us who the Anthrax attack was really meant for?
- Did September 11 trigger the Anthrax attack?
- What surprised you about how Americans responded to the Anthrax attack?
- Should we expect another Bio-Terrorists attack like the Anthrax attack?
- How much scientific knowledge was used in the Anthrax attack such as in the mailing, etc?
- Could countries have been involved?
- Could a Smallpox attack happen?
- Do we have a Smallpox vaccine?
- What other infectious attack(s) should we be weary of?
Beitsch, Blankenship and Levit