"Show 2 of 2: Law Practice in a Rural Setting" was first aired on Sunday July 11th 2010. Our Guests were Trae Gray; Law Offices of Trae Gray, PLLC and Phil Hurst, Attorney, Hurst McNeil & Gordon.
Our topics included:
- Phil discusses his years of practice in Sulphur, Oklahoma and life and practice in a small town practice.
- Trae discusses his small town practice in Coalgate, Oklahoma.
- How he choose Coalgate and what he likes about it.
- How the recession has affected their clients in their practice.
- How conflicts of interest are juggled in the smaller community.
- Can one "afford" to take an unpopular cause in a small community and how that will affect business.
- Pluses and minuses of having a very close, personal relationship with the other lawyers in town as well as the Judges.
- What do they see as the biggest challenge for the small firm in the next decade.
Phil Hurst, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers, Trae Gray