"Show 1 of 2: Law Practice in a Large Firm" was first aired on Sunday July 4th 2010. Our Guests were Roger Stong, Attorney, Crowe & Dunlevy and Thomas G. Wolfe, Attorney, Phillips Murrah.
Our topics included:
- Tom discusses his managerial position at Phillips Murrah.
- Roger discusses his managerial position and Crowe & Dunlevy.
- Hardest thing to accomplish in managing a law firm.
- Roger discusses complications of a firm with offices in several cities and how one establishes a "firm culture" with people you don't see very often.
- How one handles possible conflicts of interest between clients in larger firms.
- Effect the recession had on the legal business.
- Many firms around the country have had layoffs at worst and delayed hiring as well, how this is in the larger firms in Oklahoma.
- Discuss the quality of a job applicant for an associate position in each firm today as compared to 20 years ago.
- How they juggle maintaining an active law practice and running a law firm.
- Can both be done at the same time and do justice to both.
- Biggest single challenge in the next decade for larger law firms in Oklahoma
Roger Stong, Kent Meyers, Tom Wolfe