Site designed and hosted by
"Do We Have a Constitutional Crisis" was first aired on Sunday May 30th 2010. Our Guest was Bill Graves, Oklahoma County District Court Judge.
Our topics included:
- His experience on the District Court bench.
- His experience in the Legislative Branch of government and how it helped him with his duties as a judicial officer.
- His judicial district, what voters can vote for him in the upcoming election.
- Do we have a constitutional crisis – discuss the article he has written on the judicial system.
- Why he devoted a good deal of the article to the framing of the Constitution, what he did you found.
- What the framers of the Constitution means by federalism.
- The healthcare law recently passed by Congress and its consistency with the framers' concept of federalism.
- Powers the Courts have to carry out judicial review under the Constitution.
- What the framers saw as a proper function of the Court.
- What can be done to restore the balance between state and federal courts as the framers intended.
- Did the framers support an independent judiciary.
- Why the Doctrine of "Original Intent" in constitutional interpretation is important.
Judge Graves, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers