"A New Lawyers' Association" was first aired on Sunday May 2nd 2010. Our Guest was Thad Balkman, Executive Director, Oklahoma Lawyers' Association.
Our topics included:
- The Oklahoma Lawyers' Association and how it differs from the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Why he felt this organization was necessary.
- The primary purposes of the organization – and why it exists.
- Activities the Oklahoma Lawyers' Association is engaged in at the current time – how it interacts with members of the Legislature.
- Why a lawyer that is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association (as all must be) as well as a County Bar member should become a member of the Oklahoma Lawyers Association.
- Any legal or tax impediment to the Oklahoma Bar Association taking legislative positions.
- Efforts to remove a Judge who makes a very unpopular decision.
- Most important things about the Oklahoma Lawyers' Association that he would like for them to know.
Thad Balkman, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers