"Meet the Oklahoman of the Year" was first aired on Sunday February 21st 2010. Our Guest was Ramona Paul, Ph.D., Asst. State Superintendent, Oklahoma Dept. of Education.
Our topics included:
- Congratulations on being named 2009 Oklahoman of the Year by Oklahoma Today Magazine.
- How she was notified.
- She is first educator and the first Oklahoma State employee to be named Oklahoman of the Year.
- When early childhood education become a priority for her and how it occurred.
- Why and how it came about that she was responsible for creating the No. 1 early childhood education program in the United States.
- Importance of early childhood education in the life or career of an individual.
- Studies studies that measure the rewards to be gained from early childhood education.
- How her position at the Oklahoma State Department of Education impacts what she is able to do in this area.
- Length of time Oklahoma's plan has been in effect and reaping benefits.
- Rutgers University National Institute for Early Education Research.
- Specifically, how early childhood education works in Oklahoma.
- What Oklahoma should expect to see in the way of benefits in the next twenty years.
Ramona Paul, Kent Meyers