"Agriculture in Oklahoma: Our State's Foundation" was first aired on Sunday December 27th 2009. Our Guest was Terry Peach, State Secretary of Agriculture.
Our topics included:
- Length of time he has been serving as State Secretary of Agriculture
- His mission - why we have the Department of Agriculture
- Overview of his Department - number of offices, employees, etc.
- Areas of concern that are regulated/assisted by his department
- Significant issues facing Oklahoma agriculture today
- His department relating to issuing regulations or guidelines for ag producers to follow
- Number of acres we have in production of grain crops and the like in Oklahoma
- How they use Certified Crop Advisors
- Commercial timber production in Oklahoma - its importance to our state
- Major challenges
Terry Peach, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers