"Gov. Keating's New Tax Plan: Will It Cost You More? - Show 2" was first aired on Sunday December 23rd 2001. Our Guests were Mike Hunter, Esq., and Secretary of State and Jim Walker, Esq.
Our topics included:
- What's involved in the "General Activities" category?
- If a Plumber repairs your dishwasher and charges you $100 for parts and $100 for labor, the new tax would add: 4 1/2% charge on parts and 5 1/2% on labor totalling $10. Was there any thought about who this would affect; rich or poor?
- Could a City come in and also enact a City Sales Tax on the labor part of the previous service (Plumber)?
- The Oklahoma Tax Commission has $70,000 with Tax permits now. Could this pose a problem?
- Is there going to be a shift in the State Government if this passes?
- Will services such as water, sewer and garbage pickup be affected by this new tax?
- Finance Insurance & General Insurance, what would be involved?
- Will this be a lengthy piece of Legislature once this is put on paper?
- If this new tax plan passes, when will it take affect?
- Services not taxed: Health, Oil & Gas, etc. Why does the Governor feel these items should not be taxed?
- Child Care will be taxed. Was there any thought to exempt this?
- Oil & Gas taxation, Jim, does this please or displease you?
- Education is excluded. What do we mean by that?
- Your thoughts on the Agriculture proposal?
- Advertising, in or out?
Mike Hunter, Larry Blankenship, Jim Walker