Site designed and hosted by
"Meet Senator Randy Brogdon" was first aired on Sunday March 29th 2009. Our Guest was Senator Randy Brogdon, District 34.
Our topics included:
- What is going on out at the State Capitol in relation to tort reform.
- Does he think they will have a Bill that the Governor will sign or will there have to be a joint resolution to bring it to a vote of the people.
- Major issues that the people will be asked to vote on if there isn't a Bill.
- What is going in the initiative petition area - current problems with Oklahoma's initiative petition framework.
- Is it true that now, on a statewide basis, only the rich can get a matter on the Ballot?
- Does he think the matters proposed in his Joint Senate House Resolution will make it easier for issues to be voted on by the people, if so, why that is a good thing.
- Has Oklahoma gotten away from its "direct democracy roots" and is that something that he would like to see return.
- His future, his name has been mentioned a number of times as a possible candidate for Governor, does he see that happening.
- What would have to occur to make this something he thinks would be a sure thing.
- Any surprises from this Legislative Session.
Mick Cornett, Senator Brogdon, Kent Meyers