"What's Going on at the OERB?" was first aired on Sunday February 8th 2009. Our Guest was Dewey Bartlett, Jr., Oklahoma Energy Resources Board.
Our topics included:
- Discuss the oil and gas industry generally, what accounts for the wild market swings on the price of oil and natural gas and how it is affecting Oklahoma.
- What he expects we should see in the next year in relation to pricing.
- Discuss OERB - how their current projects are progressing - number of sights they have cleaned up to date.
- Is there a point they will reach an end to cleaning up old well sites.
- Are they being cleaned up today as they are finished so OERB's work will not be necessary for the new well sites.
- How the job market is in the industry now.
- What OERB is doing about career scholarships.
- Their program for educators in the schools.
- Is their membership continuing to contribute as it has in the past to the work of OERB.
- Facts that would be of interest to viewers that demonstrate how important the oil and gas industry is to Oklahoma's economy.
Dewey Bartlett, Jr., Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers