Site designed and hosted by
"An Update on State Finance" was first aired on Sunday January 18th 2009. Our Guest was Scott Meacham, Oklahoma State Treasurer.
Our topics included:
- Discuss how things are in the State Treasurer's office.
- Budget estimates and effect the economy will have on the amount of money available to spend.
- Areas that will remain strong and areas that will suffer from a revenue standpoint.
- His prognosis of what this next year is going to be like financially.
- The price of oil going down (and gasoline), and if that generally is good or bad for State revenues.
- Does he see any belt-tightening at the State level and in his office this next year.
- The major financial issues facing the Legislature.
- Is it going to be necessary to invade the rainy day fund.
- His plans for future service to the State - thoughts about the Governor's office.
Scott Meacham, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers