"Hospitals Today and Tomorrow" was first aired on Sunday August 3rd 2008. Our Guest was Craig Jones, President, Oklahoma Hospital Association.
Our topics included:
- Discuss the Oklahoma Hospital Association - what it does, its members and its mission
- Trends in healthcare
- Transparency on price and quality for consumers - is there competition for the business of the consumer
- Discuss electronic exchange of health information
- Explain "never events"
- Challenges for its members in dealing with the Oklahoma Legislature in regard to the budget
- How term limits have impacted education on healthcare issues
- Discuss the immigration debate as it relates to healthcare
- Discuss rural EMS issues
- Discuss the difference between the positions of Senator Obama and Senator McCain on healthcare
- Major changes he sees in healthcare coming in the next decade
Craig Jones, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers