"Water, Water Everywhere" was first aired on Sunday July 20th 2008. Our Guest was Duane Smith, Executive Director, Oklahoma Water Resources Board.
Our topics included:
- Background of the Oklahoma Water Resources Board in the Oklahoma Comprehensive Water Plan.
- First plan published in 1980's philosophy was for water transfer from the east to the west, when referring to it what he means by project-oriented.
- First update was published in 1997, he called it policy-oriented, and what that means.
- Current OCWP water update is due in 2012. How he thinks it will be oriented.
- Discuss the grass-roots support for the water plan.
- Any focus on innovative water supply strategies.
- Major components of the update.
- Policy development.
- Public participation.
- Technical and engineering studies.
- Public water supply and infrastructure survey - Pontotoc County Pilot Study.
- Statewide supply and demand analysis.
- Water plan research studies.
- How the rather bizarre weather changes in Oklahoma affect effective water planning.