"The No-Kill Policy" was first aired on Sunday June 1st 2008. Our Guest was Christy Counts, President, Executive Director, Oklahoma Humane Society.
Our topics included:
- What is the "no-kill" goal and why can it be controversial?
- What's happening in other communities around the country in relation to the no-kill policy?
- Why didn't Oklahoma City have a Humane Society before?
- How close is Oklahoma City currently to having a no-kill policy?
- How many animals are dying annually?
- What is the cause of Oklahoma City's overpopulation crisis?
- What needs to be done to achieve no-kill?
- What can the public do to help in this effort?
- Why should non-animal lovers care about what you are doing?
- How does this relate to other aspects of the community?
Christy Counts, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers