"Your HMO, Now You See It, Now You Don't" was first aired on Sunday November 4th 2001. Our Guest was Honorable Brad Henry and Kevin Gordon.
Our topics included:
- What is the status of HMOs nationwide today?
- Have the HMOs been effective in controlling insurance costs?
- Has the Legislature made appropriate Laws to regulate HMOs?
- Can we assure quality healthcare if we place limits on how high HMOs can raise costs to members?
- Should the Government be allowed to become involved in an HMO bailout?
- If HMOs continue to go out of business, will Oklahoma Employers stop offering coverage to their Employees?
- Last year 8 HMOs in Oklahoma lost a total of $27.3 million while 2 HMOs made a profit of $6.3 million. This does not look good for the future of HMOs. What do you think?
- Healthcare of Oklahoma, which is owned by Integris and Mercy hospitals announced that it is going out of business. If the people who provide daily medical services can't make it, who can?
- Predict the future of HMOs.
Kevin Gordon, Larry Blankenship, Brad Henry (Mick Cornett in the background)