Site designed and hosted by
"You and Your HMO" was first aired on Sunday October 28th 2001. Our Guest was Honorable Brad Henry and Kevin D. Gordon.
Our topics included:
- The baseball diamond of HMOs represents the four principle players of an HMO: Employer, Patient, Doctor and HMO. Who can actually sue the HMO?
- Does the Employer have the contract with the HMO...the Patient...the Doctor?
- Who does the HMO's allegiance go to?
- HMOs are relatively new (began in 1983), why did HMOs start?
- Two areas of managed care are limits on doctors/hospitals. Why do we have these limits?
- Can Patients sue HMOs?
- Is it fair that HMOs can only be sued for medical care costs?
- The Oklahoma External Review Act, what is it?
- The Oklahoma Health Care Reform & Accountability Act, what is it?
Brad Henry, Kent Meyers, Larry Blankenship, Mick Cornett, Kevin Gordon