"Meet Chief Justice Winchester" was first aired on Sunday April 22nd 2007. Our Guest was James R. Winchester, Chief Justice, Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Our topics included:
- Congratulations on being designated Chief Justice of the Oklahoma Supreme Court
- How his duties as Chief Justice differ from that as merely a Justice
- He served on the lower court bench from 1983 until 2000 - how serving as a trial court judge assisted him in performing your duties as a Supreme Court Justice
- Once a case is assigned to a particular Justice for handling in the Oklahoma Supreme Court, what does that Justice do and what resources are at his/her disposal - how are the final decisions reached?
- Average caseload in the Supreme Court today; is it about right, too light, too heavy?
- New in procedures or technology at the Supreme Court
- Average "turnaround time" between the time the case hits the court and it is ultimately decided
- Frequency of hearing oral argument, something he would like to do more or less
- Principal challenges in completing his term as Chief Justice
Justice Winchester, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers