"Meet the New Insurance Commissioner" was first aired on Sunday July 10th 2005. Our Guest was Kim Holland, Insurance Commissioner, State of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- Discuss her background in the insurance industry and how she came to be appointed Insurance Commissioner.
- How she found the morale of the Department when she arrived
- With Carroll Fisher's legal problems, what she did with the existing employees
- Did she find that the insurance agents and companies had expectations of the Insurance Department that were unreasonable considering the previous Commissioners' troubles
- How she has found her first few months in office
- There has been some suggestion that the Insurance Commissioner's office should be elective rather than appointive - what is her opinion.
- Does she intend to run for election when her term expires
- If so, what she intends to do about receipt of political contributions from insurance Companies and agents
- What major goals she has for the Department - what specific programs she has in mind
- Tells viewers what they can do if they think they have a problem with an insurance company
Kim Holland, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers