"Meet the New State Treasurer" was first aired on Sunday June 26th 2005. Our Guest was Scott Meacham, State Treasurer, State of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- Discuss his service as Director of State Finance, if he left things unfinished that bothers him.
- As State Treasurer, how his duties differ from the position he just left.
- Description of the office of the State Treasurer from the standpoint of employees, location, principal activities and if he anticipates significant personnel changes.
- What state the office was in when he assumed it.
- Discussion of his appointment to fill Robert Butkin's unexpired term, and has had some previous experience with elections (Law Review) with Governor Brad Henry.
- His opinion of whether the State Treasurer's office be elected or appointed.
- Which branch of government the State Treasurer should be principally responsible.
- His intention when his term expires and if he intends to run for statewide office.
- The major things he hopes to accomplish as State Treasurer now that he has been in the position for a few weeks.
Scott Meacham, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers