"The Patient Healer" was first aired on Sunday March 27th 2005. Our Guests were Martha J. Ferretti, P.T., M.P.H., F.A.P.T.A., Dept. Chair, Physical Therapy, OU Health Sciences Center and Douglas E. Arnold, P.T., A.T.C., Staff Therapist, McBride Clinic, Inc.
Our topics included:
- Discussion of what is physical therapy:
- Optimal health; restoration and maintenance of physical activity that contributes to a happy life.
- How physical therapists relate to other health care practitioners; code of ethics.
- How rewarding is the profession - Healing in small steps.
- Educational requirements to become a physical therapist - testing /licensure. Whether there are specialists.
- Does one physical therapist do it all
- Importance of attitude - not all patient's have sunny dispositions.
- Trends being faced by physical therapists and how they are being addressed.
Marti Ferretti, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers, Doug Arnold