"Being A Federal Judge" was first aired on Wednesday February 9th 2005. Our Guest was The Honorable Mike Burrage, Former Federal Judge.
Our topics included:
- He went from asuccessful private practice in 1994 to be a federal judge
- Why he did it and the appointment process
- The types of cases he heard. Where he held court. His staff. His most highly publicized case.
- Civil and criminal cases - which is more difficult to try.
- How much he was in court vs. office work.
- His most fun and least fun things to do.
- Discuss lifetime appointment, and whether this is good or not.
- He left being a judge after 7 years to return to private practice, why and whether he misses it.
Mike Burrage, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers