"About the Jim Thorpe Association and the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame" was first aired on Wednesday January 26th 2005. Our Guest was Lynne Draper, President, Jim Thorpe Association & Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame.
Our topics included:
- What the Jim Thorpe Association is and its mission.
- A thumbnail sketch of Jim Thorpe and his connection to Oklahoma.
- Bright Path Youth Program - derivation of its name and some of the facets of this program.
- The Jim Thorpe Award and how it is handled.
- The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame, its purpose, location and members.
- The National College Football Award's Association.
- How consistency is brought about in the selection of the winners.
- Can standards be set that the organizations will follow.
Lynne Draper, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers