"Be Wise Before You Invest" was first aired on Wednesday January 19th 2005. Our Guest was Irving Faught, Administrator, Oklahoma Department of Securities.
Our topics included:
- The Oklahoma Securities Commission and what it does.
- What his responsibility is. Size of the staff.
- Wise-Winning Through Investment Strategy and Education program and what it is designed to do, whom else is involved.
- The media project.
- Fraud and cooking of the books - how prevalent it is and what is being done about it.
- What enforcement powers he has - does he take positions in matters where recipients of fraud related refunds are forced to give back the money because of a bankruptcy court order.
- Regulation of brokers and dealers - how he brings this about.
- Are there more complaints when the market goes down than when it goes up.
Irving Faught, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers