"Movin' On Up!" was first aired on Wednesday December 8th 2004. Our Guest was Todd Hiett, Speaker-Elect of the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
Our topics included:
- Speaker Hiett shares his experience in getting into the Legislature and his final term in the House
- A lot of "institutional memory" has been removed from the House, as one of the "old timers", how he deals with this
- How he envisions dealing with Governor Henry and his expressed desire for bipartisanship - does he anticipate any difficulty along those lines
- Has he had occasion to meet with President Pre-Tem Cal Hobson about the upcoming session
- What he envisions the House instituting in regard to tort reform this session - specifically the major items he would like to see enacted.
- Worker's compensation reform - how he would like to see the system changed - whether its realistic to expect it to happen this session.
- As Speaker, how he is going to handle administrative personnel changes - does he expect any major realignment - will there be a lot of new faces
Speaker Hiett, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers