"Election 2004 - What Happened & Why" was first aired on Wednesday November 10th 2004. Our Guest was Chris Wilson, CEO Wilson Research Strategies.
Our topics included:
- Presidential race: the most surprising results of that race; what makes Ohio so special.
- Coburn/Carson race: what impact did the private money spent by two individuals have on that race;
- What impact, if any, did the Bush "coat-tails" have.
- Considering how the other Senate seats came out across the country, how important is Tom Coburn to the Republican party.
- State Questions - what effect did they have on the turnout and the outcome.
- Looks like the "get out to vote" activity helped the Republicans more than the Democrats. Is this surprising?
- Were there any Oklahoma House of Representative races that surprised him.
- What kind of relationship does he expect between Governor Henry and Todd Hiett.
- In two years, does he expect the Republicans to take over the Oklahoma Senate as well.
- What seats would he expect them to secure.
- In two years, is Brad Henry beatable.
Chris Wilson, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers