"The University of Oklahoma and Intercollegiate Athletics - Show II" was first aired on Wednesday November 17th 2004. Our Guest was Joe Castiglione, OU Athletic Director.
Our topics included:
- Major developments in non-football sports at The University of Oklahoma:
- Facilities; new faces on the coaching staff
- Any future plans for the Lloyd Noble Arena
- How ticket policies and establishment of ticket prices are handled
- Importance of being competitive with other Big 12 institutions or other entertainment venues
- Basketball scheduling - who decides on a year-by-year basis
- Once decisions are made about the kind of schedule desired, how it is put together
- Discuss the future of intercollegiate athletics if athletic departments keep running in the red - any Big 12 schools in jeopardy?
- How a young person gets involved in athletic administration as a career; what degree is the best; how one finds positions
- His biggest challenges in the next few years at the University of Oklahoma
Joe Castiglione, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers