"Doing AAU Basketball the Right Way" was first aired on Sunday October 3rd 2004. Our Guest was Joe Crawford, Academy Director, Sports Center U Basketball.
Our topics included:
- Explanation of what he does - how many kids he deals with in a given year - boys vs. girls
- Discuss the difference between high school basketball and AAU basketball, is one important for the other?
- How he "develops players"
- AAU Basketball gets a "black-eye" because of the activities of AAU coaches, how he is able to succeed and still do it the "right way"
- Discuss recruiting of players to AAU teams vs. developing your own
- Discuss why he feels the men's Olympic basketball team seems to have had some significant trouble
- If a parent asks whether or not their child should be involved in AAU basketball, what he would tell them and why
Joe Crawford, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers