"Tom Coburn: Republican Nominee for U.S. Senate" was first aired on Sunday August 29th 2004. Our Guest was Dr. Tom Coburn, Republican Nominee, U.S. Senate.
Our topics included:
- Was he surprised at the primary win?
- What were the primary reasons the Republicans picked him over Humphreys, Anthony and others?
- He is out of self-imposed retirement - impressive victory - what were the people saying?
- "Negative" campaigning - how does he define it?
- When is it okay to criticize your opponent and when does criticism become "negative"?
- Is comparison of positions fair or negative?
- Pro-life position: What is his position on abortion (life of mother) (rape)
- What are the principal differences between him and Brad Carson?
- Will he have a self-imposed two-term limit on senate service?
- Were Senators Nickles and Inhoff wrong not to do the same thing?
- Final comments by candidate
Dr. Coburn, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers