Site designed and hosted by
"Will We Reform Tort Reform?" was first aired on Sunday August 22nd 2004. Our Guest was Cal Hobson, Senate President Pro Tempore.
Our topics included:
- Summarize last Legislative Session accomplishments and disappointments
- Tort reform - did it happen? Still a major controversy - What was actually changed?
- How did the process work? Some of the participants don't seem to be able to agree on who said what to whom and why?
- Is there a moratorium on further changes?
- Wall Street Journal two-page ad identifies Oklahoma as one of eight states which are hazardous to the health of families and businesses
- Ad says, "Kerry and Edwards were personal injury lawyers who made millions suing doctors - forcing doctors out of operating rooms and into courtrooms." Is that accurate?
- What does he expect to happen in the next Session about tort reform?
- What about the upcoming elections and the balance of power in the House and Senate?
Senator Hobson, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers