"Education in Oklahoma" was first aired on Sunday May 2nd 2004. Our Guest was Sandy Garrett, State Superintendent of Instruction.
Our topics included:
- What is the job of the State Superintendent of Instruction
- Mission of Oklahoma State Department of Education:
- Service; leadership; and reputation/deregulation (consolidation)
- No Child Left Behind Act:
- How does Oklahoma fit in; what are the basic goals; and how are we doing
- Master Teacher Project 2004:
- What is it and why we need it.
Sandy Garrett, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers