"What You Need Need to Know About Social Security - Will It Be There When You Need It?" was first aired on Sunday March 21st 2004. Our Guest was Larry Jones, Social Security Administration.
Our topics included:
- It seems that social security only applies to older people - does it mean anything to those who are a long way from retirement?
- How old does someone have to be before they can receive benefits?
- What are the benefits offered by social security?
- What about President Bush's plan to allow individual workers to invest some portion of their earnings privately instead of in the social security system?
- How much can one expect to receive when they retire?
- How important is the social security system in the lives of young people?
- Allen Greenspan's talk about the future: Increasing retirement age; Reducing benefits; Is the system going broke?
Larry Jones, Kent Meyers