"FIT Kids Coalition" was first aired on Sunday February 22nd 2004. Our Guests were Stanley Hupfeld, President & CEO INTEGRIS Health and Anne Roberts, Executive Director of Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy.
Our topics included:
- Health crisis - describe the problem
- How widespread nationally is this
- What about Oklahoma - "Oklahoma is one of the most obese states in the union" - why is that so
- What type of physical problems develop in children by being overweight
- What is meant by "Polite yawn of indifference"
- Focus on school: Physical education; fast food vending
- Focus on home
- What is the FIT Kids Coalition - who belongs to the Coalition; what is the mission
- What is Oklahoma's "FIT Kids Act of 2004" - what will it do
- Physical education; nutrition; school safe and healthy council
- How will this be funded - lottery - what happens if the lottery doesn't pass in November; statewide tobacco tax increase
- How can people help
Anne Roberts, Stanley Hupfeld, Kent Meyers