"The Public Health Revolution - What's Next?" was first aired on Sunday February 15th 2004. Our Guest was James M. Crutcher, M.D., Commissioner of Health.
Our topics included:
- Revolution in public health
- Significant achievements:
- Vaccinations; safer workplaces; safer and healthier foods;
- Motor vehicle safety; the control of infectious diseases;
- Declines in death from coronary heart disease and stroke;
- Family planning; recognition of tobacco as a health hazard;
- Healthier mothers and babies;and fluoridation of drinking water
- The challenges never stop:
- Bio-terrorism; West Nile Virus and SARS; Tuberculosis
- Legislative hot topics:
- Oklahoma's trauma system; Proposed $1 increase in the tobacco tax.
Dr. Crutcher and Kent Meyers