"Price Limits on Prescription Drugs" was first aired on Sunday January 4th 2004. Our Guest was Ron Kirby, State Representative, DIstrict 64.
Our topics included:
- What's the problem - specifically here in Oklahoma?
- How big a problem is it (whom does it affect)?
- What should the Legislature try to do about this?
- As price controls restrict the opportunity of the businessperson to sell their merchandise, what kind of bipartisan support is expected?
- What have other states done (Maine, etc.)?
- How would the draft Bill work?
- "Oklahoma Prescription Drug Fair Pricing Board": Makeup; Mission; Problems; Effective date of the Act
- What happens if major drug producers pull out of Oklahoma?
- How he sees this problem of high prescription drug prices being resolved finally?