Site designed and hosted by
"The EDGE Project" was first aired on Sunday December 28th 2003. Our Guest was Kathryn L. Taylor, Secretary of Commerce.
Our topics included:
- Secretary of Commerce: What is the function of the Commerce Department; what kind of staff does it have?
- EDGE (Economic Development Generating Excellence)
- How did it get started? How does Commerce team with higher education?
- What is EDGE's mission? What is EDGE's membership? To whom does it report?
- What does "active partnerships among government, universities and private industries" imply?
- Is this new or has this been tried in the past in Oklahoma?
- Has this been done in other states?
- Why do we think Oklahoma can do better in economic development?
- Oklahoma is considered a pro-business state - Third least expensive state to do business; fourth lowest labor costs
- What is EDGE's progress?
- What do we expect in the future?