"Labor and Insurance Commissioners - Appointed or Elected" was first aired on Sunday December 21st 2003. Our Guests were Brenda Reneau Wynn, Commissioner of Labor and John Trebilcock, State Representative, District 98.
Our topics included:
- What's the reason for the proposed Constitutional Amendment to make both Insurance Commissioner and Labor Commissioner elected?
- Fifteen years ago it was changed to an elected position by a huge margin, why change now?
- Our state tradition is populist. How is this consistent with the poppulist tradition?
- Is something broken? Why does it need to be "fixed"
- Is this directed at either Carroll Fisher or Brenda Reneau Wynn?
- Are there other offices that should be considered?
- This appears to be a bipartisan effort. How much support is there for it?
- What they expect to happen?
John Trebilcock, Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Brenda Reneau-Wynn