"Money Laundering - Show II" was first aired on Sunday December 7th 2003. Our Guests were David M. Landrum, Jr., Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist and M. Jay Farber, Assistant U.S. Attorney.
Our topics included:
- Types of money laundering:
- Domestic: Legitimize income through established businesses; and use of financial institutions
- International: Offshore companies selling corps, trusts, etc.; and show scheme
- Who prosecutes money laundering and why?
- Concealment; facilitation; willful blindness; corroborates and supports major investigative efforts
- Types of evidence:
- Undercover (CI and Agent); circumstantial evidence; cooperative witness
- Success in corroborating other investigative evidence
- Suspect witness; witness credibility problems; profit motives
- Follow the money