"Money Laundering - Show I" was first aired on Sunday November 30th 2003. Our Guests were M. Jay Farber, Assistant U.S. Attorney and David M. Landrum, Jr., Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Our topics included:
- What is money laundering? Statistics
- Purposes: concealment; avoidance; facilitation; funding terrorist activity
- Why is money laundering used?
- Money launderers fear paper and records
- Cash stash days are over: cash hoard; bulk cash; government reporting requirements
- Who needs money laundering? Drug dealers; corruption; embezzlers; terrorists