"Methamphetamine Problems in Oklahoma and Oklahoma County" was first aired on Sunday November 2nd 2003. Our Guests were 1. C. Wesley Lane, II, District Attorney of Oklahoma County and 2. John Nance, State Representative, District 90.
Our topics included:
- What kind of a problem we have statewide with Methamphetamines
- What kind of problem we have in Oklahoma County
- Why does Oklahoma have such a Meth problem?
- Is there a particular economic bracket more susceptible to this than others?
- How does the Meth problem affect the nonuser, i.e., mate, family, children, work associates?
- What kind of impact does Meth have on crime in Oklahoma?
- What kind of impact does Meth have on incarceration rates?
- Is our high incarceration rate for women in part due to the Meth problem?
- What should we do? Early education, Drug courts - recidivism, Treatment/rehabilitation
- Rep. Nance discusses what should the Legislature do differently
- District Attorney Lane discusses what should law enforcement do differently
Wes Lane, Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, John Nance