"Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals" was first aired on Sunday October 12th 2003. Our Guest was Chief Judge Larry Joplin, Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals.
Our topics included:
- What is the role of the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals? Structure
- How many Judges? Divisions; selection/retention procedure
- What cases does the Court decide? How is that determined?
- Which division gets the case? Which Judge gets the case?
- What is the caseload?
- What is the reversal rate of District Court decisions in the Court of Appeals?
- How often does the Supreme Court act on a case decided by the Court of Appeals?
- What is the background of the Court of Appeals Judges? Private practice; prior judicial experience
- How does an Appellate Judge handle prior relationships with law firms - lawyers?
Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Chief Judge Joplin