"Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals" was first aired on Sunday October 5th 2003. Our Guest was Presiding Judge Charles Johnson, Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals.
Our topics included:
- How common is it to have a Court of Criminal Appeals only?
- Number of Judges - how they are selected?
- Number of cases each year - how many are processed or disposed of?
- No certiorari procedures - absolute right to appeal.
- What is the turn around time for a typical criminal appeal?
- Are there oral arguments?
- Are capital cases handled differently?
- What is the rate of reversals?
- What should be done to ensure the innocent are not imprisoned - DNA, etc.