"Oklahoma Supreme Court" was first aired on Sunday September 28th 2003. Our Guest was Chief Justice Joseph M. Watt, Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Our topics included:
- The Supreme Court - the highest Court in Oklahoma. What are its duties? What kind of cases does it hear?
- The Justices - how many - how selected. Who are they?
- The Judicial Nominating Commission. Retention ballot. Explanation of the Districts.
- How does a case get to the Supreme Court?
- Explanation of certiorari - what the word means.
- Original jurisdiction - example initiative petition
- What happens in the Court when a case is to be decided - who does what
- Relationship to Federal Courts - Certified questions.
- How is the administration of justice today in the State Court system in Oklahoma?
Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Chief Justice Watt