"Oklahoma's Impact Players - Meet Larry Nichols" was first aired on Sunday August 17th 2003. Our Guest was Larry Nichols, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Devon Energy Corporation.
Our topics included:
- His experience as a lawyer prior to founding Devon
- Special assistant to William Rehnquist; law clerk to Chief Justice Earl Warren and Justice Tom Clark.
- The founding and company history of Devon Energy.
- Devon's growth and diversification to the current day.
- What are Devon's primary missions today.
- Devon's production focus - natural gas vs. oil; North American production; offshore; International and the future of the industry.
- Devon's commitment to Oklahoma City; job growth; philanthropy
- Why its corporate headquarters have remained in Oklahoma City
- Renovation to headquarters at 20 N. Broadway.
- Where Devon is going in the next five years.
- What Larry Nichols does in his spare time.
Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Larry Nichols