"Oklahoma's Impact Players - Meet Rand Elliott" was first aired on Sunday August 10th 2003. Our Guest was Rand Elliott, FAIA, Elliott and Associates Architects.
Our topics included:
- Architect for 30 years - why an Architect?
- Why he has stayed in Oklahoma and what is "the Spirit of the Place"?
- He's been called the Prairie Miesen, who was Mies?
- A minimalist - less is more.
- The Heierding Building - his headquarters.
- Use of light - how important in Oklahoma - what is Oklahoma light?
- He's done a lot of work in relation to museums, what is the challenge there in dealing with viewing the past?
- His greatest debt is owed to Bruce Goff, the Oklahoma Architect - what does he mean by that?
- Automobile Alley - what is it, where is it, why is it?
- Firm size - makeup - principal work
- Interests outside work - Ballet Oklahoma - Oklahoma Arts Council - City Arts Center.
- Book Listening to the Land, available at Full Circle Bookstore in Oklahoma City and all Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores in Oklahoma City and in Tulsa.