"Oklahoma's Indian Tribes Part I" was first aired on Sunday July 22nd 2001. Our Guests were Ross Swimmer, Principal Chief of the Cherokee Tribe, Attorney and Enoch Kelly Haney, State Senator, Artist.
Our topics included:
- The Congress shall have the power to...regulate commerce with foreign nations and among the several States and with the Indian Tribes...Sovereignty with the Indian Tribes in Oklahoma is newly found, please elaborate.
- How many tribes are in Oklahoma?
- Do we have Indian Reservations?
- Indian Smoke Shops, what are their purposes?
- Are the Indians paying their fair share of taxes?
Senator Haney is sculpting - The Guardian - which will be atop the Oklahoma City Capitol dome upon completion.