"What's Happening at the Airport?" was first aired on Sunday May 25th 2003. Our Guests were J. Richard Studenny, Counsel, Tulsa Municipal Airport Authority and Luther Trent, Director of Airports, Will Rogers World Airport.
Our topics included:
- Describe each airport and utilization: Trent - OKC; Studenny - Tulsa
- 9/11 and Security
- Trent: What changes - individual baggage screening; what is the cost
- Studenny: What changes - individual baggage screening; what is the cost
- How is new Federal employee scheme working? Trent; Studenny
- Any major/minor security incidents?
- How airport operations financed? City revenue; Changes needed
- Airline financial problems: TWA - Bankruptcy; United; Delta; American
- Predict further consolidation
- Re-regulation by Federal Government
Richard Studenny, Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Luther Trent