"The Economy After Iraq" was first aired on Sunday May 18th 2003. Our Guests were Dr. Don Murry, Vice Pres., C.H. Guernsey & Co. and Dr. Robert Dauffenbach, Prof. of Economics & Info. Sys., Univ. of Okla..
Our topics included:
- Murry: Is the national economy still in doldrums? Why? DOT com bust?
- Dauffenbach: Regional economy better or worse or same - define region
- Factors that change status of economy for region
- Any states or areas that have unique characteristics to make them better or worse?
- Murry: What can Federal Government do to improve economy?
- Dauffenbach: What can regions do - should they regionalize their efforts?
- Discuss President Bush tax cuts:
- Murry: Greenspan not enthusiastic; no quick fix; what short term methods to use
- Dauffenbach: All states in same boat? - What can states do
- Prediction Time:
- Murry: Nation pull out of downward spiral; Dow reach 10,000 again; other predictions:
- Dauffenbach: Region pull out; Dow reach 10,000 again; other predictions
Dr. Murry, Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Dr. Dauffenbach